Each country´s real estate market is slightly different and it is always wise to make sure you know all of the details. Here are some useful tips you may find usefull if you want to sell your property.
- Check how the property agents are regulated in the country. Is this agent regulated?
- Check sales options available to you and the costs involved with each one.
- If using an agent, what mediums do the use for selling and marketing? What languages do they speak, i.e. what markets will your property be available to?
- The commissions they charge and other costs involved with the sale - get this in writing
- What services does the agency offer?
- Do not sign an exclusive contract - you will have to pay the agent even if you or another agent sell the property
- Think very carefully if an agent or advertising medium asks for payment upfront. Is this value for money? Commission on a sale is usually paid on completion.
- What taxes and other costs in addition to the agency commission are applicable? Get professional advice to ensure you are aware of your liabilities plus any reliefs or benefits you may be entitled to.
- Which is the safest, most cost effective and efficient way to transfer your money back to your home country?